SEO Keyword Strategy Resources
SEO keyword strategy searchers, Welcome
Keywords are an essential part of your website if you want to have search engines refer traffic to you. The following hints and techniques can help improve your search engine friendliness and may also help you to discover other opportunities for your business.
So for Lesson 2, SEO Website techiques
- Donít chase after the keywords that are high in demand. Initially you will likely end up on page 150 or worse in any search engine listings. There is too much competition. Look for the keywords where you are more likely to succeed, at least initially.
- The long tail theory is currently in vogue. Itís best to chase after multiple smaller traffic swarms that will provide you with greater chances of success instead of going after the larger swarm that you are competing with too many other players.
- Aggregate a number of similar themed keywords together e.g. anti-cancer vegetables could include the cancer fighting qualities of broccoli, Brussels sprouts and turnips.
- Look at websites that are number one for that keyword. Investigate each of the factors that helped them to get a high ranking. Then either copy of improve on the way that they do things. You can often do better than the current number one ranked webpage for that keyword.
- Some useful tools and/or sites:
a. www.goodkeywords.com will help you to select keywords related to your main keyword
b. www.overture.com will tell you how many searches there were over the past month for that keyword
c. www.google.com Ė will tell you how many websites relate to the keyword
d. Wordtracker has a list of the most recently requested keywords
Ron Skruzny, www.criticalmass.biz
If there is something that you would like covered, please donít hesitate to contact me.
I look forward to sharing your ideas and thoughts on the art of Search Engine Optimisation.
~ The SEO Training Team